Thursday, December 20, 2012

Sweet nothing



This week has been a little too festive, in a nice way, but it's fair to say I'm looking forward to work finishing tomorrow. To celebrate our excitement for the last day at work tomorrow, we're having a festive shared morning tea and luckily I found the lovely Minimalist Baker website for inspiration. These candy cane-double chocolate cookies were so easy to make and are gorgeous {chef's tasting privilege ;)}. I forgot my peppermint essence so added crushed candy canes to the mix as well as using some for topping- the recipe is here.

It was my birthday earlier this week and as well as getting spoilt over the course of a few days, my parcels from afar included Nigella's How To Be A Domestic Goddess from my lovely parents- pretty much my dream book. This weekend I am going to choose something fantastic to cook for my Kiwi Christmas. Yum yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment