Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Something orange



Week 24
Even though I am remembering what an expensive hobby it is, I have been enjoying travels with my film camera this week- and just taking more pictures in general. This new prompt had me seeing orange everywhere as I finished my film this morning. Not in the usual places- summer is on the way here, not autumn!- but in new flowers in the park and lazing on the beach with a battered op-shopped copy of Persuasion. Thank goodness for weeks off where life slows down a little bit and such little pleasures are possible. Just hoping now my brain slows down and relaxes a bit too...!

7 comments:

  1. Love these! I've been shooting b&w film all summer and just had it developed. I forgot how expensive it is, but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely garden, and the book fits perfectly. The idea of the relaxing time in the bustle of life is really sounding good right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I always regretted that we don't have those beautiful penguin book covers in Germany. The first shot is my favourite ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to the slower pace and little pleasures! Love the simplicity and perspective of the first shot ... quiet, calm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely, soft oranges you have captured.
    I'm loving these photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been playing around a bit with film as well...it's been fun.
    here's to slowing down...

    ReplyDelete