Friday, February 17, 2012

The Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra, I ♥ you































Filed under "things New Zealand has done to me" part......, is a great love of the ukulele. I'm a proud uke-owner, if not an accomplished player, and one of the great reasons for this was  some Kiwi friends introducing me to the Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra. They are all kinds of awesome. One live gig is all it takes to get you hooked. Check this and this out. Last night we got to see them live again, as their I Love You EP tour hit town and they were as brilliant as ever. It was also fun to see the people next me go from novices to asking when they were playing next. I forgot to take a 'proper' camera, hence the wobbly pictures, but it's the type of gig where you're too busy bopping along to care. Now I just need to practise the uke myself...

3 comments:

  1. really enjoyed your b&w images.
    we lived in hawaii for 1 1/2 years and i grew to love the ukulele!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pics!!thank u for sharing, I didn't know them but i'm gonna check them out right nowww

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you ladies! This band is so much fun. They even did workshops for us uke-players, so good :)

    ReplyDelete