Sunday, January 29, 2012

Slants of light





I was very much enamoured with Saltaire, both the village and the history, but also with inside the converted mill. Not only is it a beautiful building in itself, but it's a wonderful art venue. The art shop just made you want to do, make, create as an excuse to buy some of the lovely materials and I loved the David Hockney exhibition on the top floor. It was a wonderful place to just sit and be- and looking out the old windows, you could have been in any era. I wish wish wish I had been home long enough for this exhibition.

3 comments:

  1. Love this series of images - the 3rd is especially lovely! Looks like such a pretty place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! - and it was so lovely wandering here. I miss Yorkshire a bit! :)

      Delete
  2. It's the books that make me swoon. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete