Monday, October 10, 2011

Adventures in Kodak Portra


Amanda recommended trying Kodak Portra film for a change, during our Shoot By Design course. I trust her taste entirely but did hesitate at the NZ pricing ($19/roll!). When I finally bought some and gave it a whirl on a drive out to the beach, my old SLR failed me and I only had another old camera with me (my freebie!). I tried it anyway and I love the colours it produced. The sky in this shot is so blue! Usually I find cheapo colour film can look a little 'washed-out' in the strong NZ sun. All 36 pictures on the roll came out as well- and it was a nice partner to the b/w film pictures I shot that day-  it is definitely worth the money!

1 comment:

  1. Whaou !! Definitely beautiful colors ! You speak about the blues but there is also the yellow/green on the rocks which looks like gold.
    Really lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete